Anyone who is trying to lose weight knows just how important it is to find tasty low calorie, low fat recipes. This is even more important when you are following the Weight Watcher programme; you are also searching for filling, nutritious and tasty meals with the minimum Weight Watcher Points.
This is one of my favourite recipes that makes a really lovely lunch ideal for all Weight Watchers out there, it is extremely tasty, filling and easy to make; the roasted pepper and garlic give the soup a more intense flavour. What makes it especially exciting is that the recipe contains zero Points, or if you chose to add the garnish of tortilla chips and avocado, 2 points per portion.
MEXICAN VEGETABLE SOUP
(Sopa de Verduras)
100g green snap peas cut into bit-size pieces
3 garlic cloves, whole
1 whole red pepper
2 large courgette (zucchini), diced
2 medium carrots, cut into thin julienne strips
1 x 14 oz canned chopped tomatoes
1 large red onion, chopped
1 green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
2 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano
½ teaspoon ground cumin
400ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon tomato puree (paste)
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste
1/2 ripe avocado, cut into chunks (optional)
40g crumbed baked tortilla chips (optional)
1. Roast the garlic and red pepper in the oven until soft and the pepper skin is charred, put in a paper bag to cool.
2. Skin the pepper and remove the seeds, skin garlic.
3. Place the pepper and garlic in a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Put all the remaining prepared vegetables, onion, green pepper, jalapeno, oregano, cumin, tomato paste, lime juice, stock and pepper puree into a large pan.
5. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce the heat to low and simmer the soup, partly covered, for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
6. When ready pour into serving dishes, and sprinkle with chopped parsley and avocado and tortilla chips, if used.
This delicious soup will keep well in the soup, and without the avocado and tortilla chips can be enjoyed freely on a Weigh Watcher diet.
Copyright 2009-2017 http://feedyoursoul-buffalo.com. All rights reserved.