When one thinks of grilling it usually involves a barbecue. One is reminded of lots of people, and a whole lot of food at barbecue parties. Naturally these parties can not happen on a shoe string budget.So what can a person do if he/she enjoys home-made grilled foods, that are of gourmet standard and do not require the expensive barbecue grill. Well the answer is a grill pan. It is one of the best alternatives to a barbecue and sometimes better. One of the reasons being that, it does not require a lot of space for storage. It is cost effective as well as fuel effective. When using a grill pan one does not have to worry about cooking outdoors as it operates on stove top. And to grill something enough for two, one does not have to worry about starting the entire barbecue or pre-heating.
Many gourmet grilled items can be prepared on a grill pan with ease and they still taste great. Some things have to be taken care of though, like the food should be well seasoned, well marinated, should be of equal size and not in big chunks. One decadent grilled recipe of gourmet standard is Creamy Chicken Kebab.The recipe is as follows:
Creamy Chicken Kebab:
2 chicken breasts boneless
1 cup fresh cream
1 tbsp natural yogurt
salt to taste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tbsp melted butter
1. Wash and cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
2. Pat item dry and mix in all the ingredients well.
3. Marinate for 4-8 hours if possible, but if marinated for half an is also fine. Marinate in the refrigerator.
4. Cut the aluminum foil into squares atleast an inch larger than the chicken pieces.
5. Place one chicken piece on the foil along with some of the marinade and make into a loose package.
6. Make such packets for all the chicken pieces.
7. Heat the grill pan and place the foil packages. Grill on high heat for 3 minutes.
8. Lower the heat and cover the pan for 5 minutes.
9. increase the heat and uncover for 2 more minutes and turn off the heat.
10. Rest the packages for a few minutes before serving.
A gourmet style grilled chicken kebab within any-body’s budget, it is a great appetizer for parties too.
Copyright 2009-2017 http://feedyoursoul-buffalo.com. All rights reserved.