Farm Style Potatoes
An easy to prepare recipe that may be prepared in the conventional oven or microwave. It is a great recipe for the most hurried meal when prepared in the microwave because it is less time consuming. The microwave has many benefits when it comes to cooking. It is a very enegy efficient kitchen tool. It is a very time saving way to cook. This is an excellent dish for serving with salad. This is great for serving with baked chicken also. Farm Style Potatoes are great served for lunch or dinner. I hope that your family enjoys this great recipe that serves four hearty servings. To serve 8 just double the ingredients. This recipe will make four healthy servings.Potatoes are rich in potassium and are healthy for you.
How to Microwave Farm Style Potatoes
5 large potatoes peeled
Water and Salt
4 shallots sliced
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of hot milk
2 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1/2 cup of Mozzerella cheese, diced
1 sliced smoked sausage
2 tablespoons of Parmesean cheese
1 teaspoon of sage
1. Peel and cube potatoes. Place in a microwave safe dish. Sprinkle with shallots and garlic. Add 1/2 cup of water.
2. Microwave on high power for 8 minutes. Let cool for 3 minutes. Drain.
3. Mash potatoes. Add butter, hot milk, egg yolks, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix well and spoon mixture into a microwave safe dish.
4. Add parsley, Mozzerella cheese, sliced sausage, and green onion.
5. Microwave on high power for 5 minutes unti cheese melts. Stir and blend well.
6. Sprinkle with sage and Parmesean cheese.
7. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Serve.
How to bake Farm Style Potatoes
Ingredients are the same as the microwave method.
1. Cut the potatoes into cubes. Place in a large saucepan and add salt and water.
2. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain.
3. Mash potatoes. Add shallots and garlic, mix well.
4. Add butter, milk, yolks, pepper and nutmeg. Stir until fluffy. Add parsley.
5. Add Mozerella cheese, sausage and Parmesean cheese.
6. Spoon mixture into a buttered casserole dish.
7. Sprinkle with herbs and place sliced sausage on top.
8. Heat in oven for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Oven temp 375 degrees F. Serve. Enjoy!
Copyright 2009-2017 http://feedyoursoul-buffalo.com. All rights reserved.