When dieting many of us enjoy a nice salad and think that we are keeping to our diet by doing so; however to enjoy a tasty and satisfying salad you can easily undo all your good intentions by adding dressings, mayonnaise or items like coleslaw and potato salad that contain full fat mayonnaise.
There is no need though to do without these tasty additions to your salad if you choose recipes that area low in fat.
This tasty low fat potato salad is perfect for anyone following a low fat diet and believe me you won’t want to have the full fat variety again when you have tasted this.
The addition of horseradish sauce in the salad adds a delicious zing to the recipe that makes it very special.
LOW FAT POTATO SALAD
Serves 4 -6 people
500g new potatoes
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
250g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
2 sticks celery, finely diced
1 bunch spring onions (scallions), roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash but do not peel the potatoes and cook in simmering salted water for around 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large serving bowl.
3. With a fork, gently crush the potatoes – do not crush too.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the crushed garlic, horseradish, olive oil and yoghurt. 5. Add the chopped pepper, celery and onion to the potatoes and mix gently.
6. Check the seasoning in the dressing and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Add the dressing to the potato and vegetable mix and stir through well, without breaking up potato too much.
This is a delicious but healthy low fat potato salad and I feel sure that you will love it.
Copyright 2009-2017 http://feedyoursoul-buffalo.com. All rights reserved.