Burgers are always popular but they are not the healthiest of foods; these burgers made with fresh minced (or ground) chicken make a delicious change from regular burgers and are far healthier for you. They are low in fat but high in protein and even include some vegetables that you will be able to sneak past your children’s eyes!
They are good served as they are with oven cooked potato wedges and a nice tomato salsa or on a toasted bun filled salad and low fat mayonnaise for a really ‘naughty’ tasting snack which is in fact very nutritious as well as tasty.
These biscuits are simple to make and will soon be a family favourite, they are also ideal cooked on the barbecue. I tend to make these in larger quantities and freeze the burgers ready to take out when the sun decides to shine and we light up the barbecue.
450g fresh minced (ground) chicken
1 medium onion, peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 large tomato, de-seeded and chopped finely
1 large carrot grated
1½ teaspoon ground coriander
1½ teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Low fat spray
1. Preheat the grill just before cooking and line the grill rack with tin foil.
2. Place the onion, garlic, mince, coriander and spices in a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture comes together.
3. Turn mixture onto a board and work in the grated carrots and tomato, season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 and then make into equal sized patties.
5. Spray the foil lined grill rack with the low fat spray, place the burgers onto the rack and spray with tops.
6. Cook under a pre heated grill for 10 – 12 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
7. Turn occasionally during grilling and brush with a little of the oil as necessary.
These are lovely moist and tasty burgers and I really do hope that you enjoy them.
Copyright 2009-2017 http://feedyoursoul-buffalo.com. All rights reserved.